JFrog Inc. and its affiliates (“JFrog“, “Company”, “us” or “we”) respect the privacy of the users of the Company’s website available at: jfrog.com (the “Site”) (“User” or “you”). The Company is committed to protect the personal information that its User’s share with it. We believe that you have a right to know our practices regarding the information we may collect and use when you visit and/or use our Site including without limitation the products available therein.
1. Your Consent (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!)
2. Which information we may collect on our Users?
We may collect two types of data and information from our Users:
- The first type of information is non-identifiable and anonymous information (“Non-personal Information“). We are not aware of the identity of the User from whom we have collected the Non-personal Information. Non-Personal Information is any unconcealed information which does not enable identification of an individual User, and which is available to us while such User is entering and/or using the Site. Non-personal Information which is being gathered consists of technical information, behavioral information and aggregated information and may contain, among other things, type of operating system, type of browser/user agent, screen resolution browser and keyboard language, flash version, type of build technologies, type of build server as well as the number of servers you are using, the files including without limitation binaries which you store, control, manage and/or use on the Site etc.
- The second type of information that may be used, either alone or in combination with other information, to personally identify an individual (“Personal Information”). Here are some examples of Personal Information we may collect in connection with the Site.
- Users of the Site automatically provide their IP address mainly for enhancing the User’s experience and for geolocation and security purposes as further detailed below.
- In order to contact us and/or receive a trial version of our products Users are required to provide certain information such as full name, e-mail address, phone number, company name and country.
- In order to submit a job application on our Site, Users are required to provide certain information such as their full name, email address, phone number, CV, as well as optional information such as their LinkedIn profile.
- In addition, to the extent that you wish to use and/or download our products (which are provided subject to payment of certain fees, as specified in the Site), you will be required to use certain online payment method which will require you to provide to such online payment service providers certain Personal Information (such as, a credit card number and other related billing information) (see section 7 below regarding the payment method).
For avoidance of doubt, any Non-Personal Information connected or linked to any Personal Information shall be deemed as Personal Information as long as such connection or linkage exists.
3. How do we collect information on our Users?
There are two main methods we use:
- We collect information through your entry and use of the Site. In other words, when you access or use the Site, we are aware of your usage of Site, and may gather, collect and store the information relating to such usage, either independently or through the help of third-party service providers as detailed below
- We collect information which you provide us voluntarily. We collect Personal Information when you complete the contact form and/or job application form and/or trial download form available on our Site and/or provide us information through a purchase order. We may gather, collect and store the Personal Information either independently or through the help of our authorized third-party service providers as detailed below.
4. What are the purposes of the collection of information?
Non-personal Information is collected in order to:
- Enhance the User’s experience on the Site.
- Use it for statistical and research purposes and for customization and improvement of our Site’s interface.
- Learn about the preferences of Users and general trends relating to the Site.
Personal Information is collected in order to:
- Provide you with certain products and services.
- Allow us to contact you (in accordance with applicable law) with proposals and tailored information regarding new products, events, offers, services, features, enhancements, special offers, upgrade opportunities, and events of interest etc.
- Be able to contact Users for the purpose of providing them with technical assistance and support
- Be able to contact Users who applied for positions with us for current or future positions.
5. Sharing Information with Third Parties
JFrog will not share any Personal Information it collects with any third party. Notwithstanding, JFrog may share Personal Information in the following cases:
For avoidance of doubt, JFrog may transfer and disclose Non-personal Information to third parties at any time and at its own discretion.
6. Publicly Available Information
Any content that you post on or via the Site (“User Submissions”) may be publicly available to other Users, and may also be accessed and used by people off the Site. The notices and tools that we provide on the Site are intended to inform you which information will be made publicly available. If you publish your contact information in any User Submissions, you may receive unsolicited messages from other users of the Site or the public. We, therefore, encourage you only to post information that you are sure you want to be accessible to anyone.
9. Direct Marketing
To the extent permitted under applicable law, you hereby agree that we may use your contact details for the purpose of informing you regarding products, services and new features which may interest you, and to send to you other material, transmitted to the e-mail address you have provided. You may withdraw your consent by sending a written notice to JFrog by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com or alternatively following the instructions for removing yourself from the mailing list which are available in the e-mail transmitted to you.
10. Social Media Features
11. Modifications or Deletion of Personal Information
If for any reason you wish to modify or delete your Personal Information, you may contact us via e-mail to the following address firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make reasonable efforts to modify or delete any such Personal Information pursuant to any applicable privacy laws. Aggregated and/or anonymous data, and any other Non-personal Information may remain on our servers indefinitely all as permitted under any applicable privacy laws. Note that unless requested otherwise, we may retain your Personal Information for as long as reasonably required for the purposes of which such Personal Information was collected, all as permitted under any applicable privacy laws.
12. International Data Transfer
We may transfer information collected about you, including Personal Information, to affiliated entities, or to other third party service providers (as provided herein) across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. Please note that we may transfer such information to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction, so please be aware that you are consenting to your data being transferred to various third party service providers around the world.
13. Cookies & Local Storage
When you access or use our Site, the Company may use industry-wide technologies such as “cookies” and Flash (or similar technologies), which stores certain information on your computer (“Local Storage”) and which will allow us to enable automatic activation of certain features, and make your experience much more convenient and effortless. It is easy to prohibit the Local Storage. The cookies used by the Site do not include any personal information about you. Most browsers will allow you to erase cookies from your computer’s hard drive, block acceptance of cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. In order to erase or disable the Local Storage option in Flash you should use the settings option of Flash according to the specific instructions provided by the technology provider. However, if you block or erase cookies, or change the settings of Flash, your online experience may be limited.
14. Log Files
We may make use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, clicked pages and any other information your browser may send to us. We may use such information to analyze trends, administer the Site, track users’ movement around the Site, and gather demographic information.
15. Google Analytics
We take reasonable measures to maintain the security and integrity of our Site and User information and prevent unauthorized access to it or use thereof through generally accepted industry standard technologies and internal procedures (including without limitation, through the use of tokens and encryption mechanisms). Please note, however, that there are inherent risks in transmission of information over the Internet or other methods of electronic storage and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access or use of your Personal Information will never occur.
17. Links to Third Party Websites
18. Third Party Service Providers
20. California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year.
21. Deletion of Content from California Residents.
If you are a California resident under the age of 18 and a registered user, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to remove content or Personal Information you have publicly posted. If you wish to remove such content or Personal Information and you specify which content or Personal Information you wish to be removed, we will do so in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware that after removal you will not be able to restore removed content. In addition, such removal does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or Personal Information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require us to enable removal of content.
22. Our California Do Not Track Notice.
We do not track consumers over time and across third party websites and therefore do not respond to Do Not Track signals. We do not allow third parties to collect personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across different web sites when a consumer uses the Site.
To the extent that you do provide us with Personal Information, we wish to maintain accurate Personal Information. If you would like to delete or correct any of your other Personal Information that we may be storing, you may do so by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email should include adequate details of your request.
At all times, you may choose whether or not to provide or disclose Personal Information. If you choose not to provide mandatory Personal Information, you may still visit parts of the Site, but you may be unable to access certain options, programs, offers, and services that involve our interaction with you.
25. Merger, Sale or Bankruptcy
In the event that we are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, or in the event of bankruptcy or a comparable event, we reserve the right to transfer or assign Personal Information in connection with the foregoing events.
26. Got any Questions?