Last Revised: August 1, 2015
JFrog Inc. and its affiliates (“JFrog“, “Company”, “us” or “we”) respect the privacy of the users of the Company’s website available at: www.jfrog.com (the “Site”) (“User” or “you”). The Company is committed to protect the personal information that its User’s share with it. We believe that you have a right to know our practices regarding the information we may collect and use when you visit and/or use our Site including without limitation the products available therein.
1. Your Consent (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!)
2. Which information we may collect on our Users?
We may collect two types of data and information from our Users:
- The first type of information is non-identifiable and anonymous information (“Non-personal Information“). We are not aware of the identity of the User from whom we have collected the Non-personal Information. Non-Personal Information is any unconcealed information which does not enable identification of an individual User, and which is available to us while such User is entering and/or using the Site. Non-personal Information which is being gathered consists of technical information, behavioral information and aggregated information and may contain, among other things, type of operating system, type of browser/user agent, screen resolution browser and keyboard language, flash version, type of build technologies, type of build server as well as the number of servers you are using, the files including without limitation binaries which you store, control, manage and/or use on the Site etc.
- The second type of information is individually identifiable information (“Personal Information”). This information may identify an individual or may be of a private and/or sensitive nature.
- Users of the Site automatically provide their IP address mainly for enhancing the User’s experience and for geolocation and security purposes as further detailed below.
- In order to contact us and/or receive a trial version of our products Users are required to provide certain information such as full name, e-mail address, phone number, company name and country.
- In addition, to the extent that you wish to use and/or download our products (which are provided subject to payment of certain fees, as specified in the Site), you will be required to use certain online payment method which will require you to provide to such online payment service providers certain Personal Information (such as, a credit card number and other related billing information) (see section 7 below regarding the payment method).
For avoidance of doubt, any Non-Personal Information connected or linked to any Personal Information shall be deemed as Personal Information as long as such connection or linkage exists.
3. How do we collect information on our Users?
There are two main methods we use:
- We collect information through your entry and use of the Site. In other words, when you access or use the Site, we are aware of your usage of Site, and may gather, collect and store the information relating to such usage, either independently or through the help of third-party service providers as detailed below
- We collect information which you provide us voluntarily. We collect Personal Information when you complete the contact form and/or trial download form available on our Site and/or provide us information through a purchase order. We may gather, collect and store the Personal Information either independently or through the help of our authorized third-party service providers as detailed below.
4. What are the purposes of the collection of information?
Non-personal Information is collected in order to:
- Enhance the User’s experience on the Site.
- Use it for statistical and research purposes and for customization and improvement of our Site’s interface.
- Learn about the preferences of Users and general trends relating to the Site.
Personal Information is collected in order to:
- Provide you with certain products.
- Allow us to contact you with proposals and tailored information regarding new products, events, offers, services, features, enhancements, special offers, upgrade opportunities, and events of interest etc.
- Be able to contact Users for the purpose of providing them with technical assistance and support
5. Sharing Information with Third Parties
JFrog will not share any Personal Information it collects with any third party. Notwithstanding, JFrog may share Personal Information in the following cases:
For avoidance of doubt, JFrog may transfer and disclose Non-personal Information to third parties at any time and at its own discretion.
8. Direct Marketing
You hereby agree that we may use your contact details for the purpose of informing you regarding products, services and new features which may interest you, and to send to you other material, transmitted to the e-mail address you have provided. You may withdraw your consent by sending a written notice to JFrog by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com or alternatively following the instructions for removing yourself from the mailing list which are available in the e-mail transmitted to you.
9. Social Media Features
10. Modifications or Deletion of Personal Information
If for any reason you wish to modify or delete your Personal Information, you may contact us via e-mail to the following address firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make reasonable efforts to modify or delete any such Personal Information pursuant to any applicable privacy laws. Aggregated and/or anonymous data may remain on our servers indefinitely all as permitted under any applicable privacy laws. Note that unless requested otherwise, we may retain your Personal Information for as long as reasonably required for the purposes of which such Personal Information was collected, all as permitted under any applicable privacy laws.
11. International Data Transfer
We may transfer information collected about you, including Personal Information, to affiliated entities, or to other third party service provides (as provided herein) across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. Please note that we may transfer such information to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction, and you consent to such transfer of information.
12. Cookies & Local Storage
When you access or use our Site, the Company may use industry-wide technologies such as “cookies” and Flash (or similar technologies), which stores certain information on your computer (“Local Storage”) and which will allow us to enable automatic activation of certain features, and make your experience much more convenient and effortless. It is easy to prohibit the Local Storage. The cookies used by the Site do not include any personal information about you. Most browsers will allow you to erase cookies from your computer’s hard drive, block acceptance of cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. In order to erase or disable the Local Storage option in Flash you should use the settings option of Flash according to the specific instructions provided by the technology provider. However, if you block or erase cookies, or change the settings of Flash, your online experience may be limited.
We take reasonable measures to maintain the security and integrity of our Site and User information and prevent unauthorized access to it or use thereof through generally accepted industry standard technologies and internal procedures (including without limitation, through the use of tokens and encryption mechanisms). Please note, however, that there are inherent risks in transmission of information over the Internet or other methods of electronic storage and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access or use of your Personal Information will never occur.
14. Links to Third Party Websites
15. Third Party Service Providers
17. Got any Questions?